Monday, February 14, 2011

Bye bye Facebook ... for now anyways.

I've been thinking about it for a while now and I finally disabled my Facebook account! Hopefully I will be able to resist enabling it back any time soon. Facebook is amazing way to connect people and help people keep in touch. I especially like it because my parents are able to see what I am up to and updated pictures of me so they don't forget what I look like! It's such an easy way to share pictures with friends and not have to send them around after an event. But despite all the conveniences of having Facebook, I feel like I am just too addicted to it. I spend way too much time on it and beyond just connecting with people. Do I really need to see what all my friends are up to every day? see which friends bought a house and then feel jealous that I don't have one? er.. not really? But it's too tempting and too easy to look. Likewise, do my friends need to know what I'm up to every day and what I eat? Maybe the super close friends, but we all know we have a good portion of Facebook friends that are merely acquaintances and it's actually kind of freaky that they have access to so much information about me and you.

Anyhow, I'm going to try and use the time I spend Facebook-ing each day to do something more productive - like what? I don't know yet. Let's see how long this lasts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment