Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Red Flats

I was looking for a pair of casual flats for a while. Something that is NOT black. My last 4 years working at BlackRock consisted of wearing black flats almost every day. Black flats matched all work clothes... grey, black, whatever colour dress pants. And also made a more casual outfit look less casual.

I always see these classic Steve Madden ones at DSW each time I visit.

DSW link


These flats always looked good on the shelf, but when I put it on, it just didn't fit right. Maybe my feet are too wide, or maybe my toes are too long. But the bottom of my toes (toe crack?) would be showing a bit (cuz it's cut too high), there wasn't enough side support, and the sole just seemed flimsy and thin.

Yesterday I happened to stroll past Payless.. and look what I found? Payless Link


YUP! looks exactly the same right? Except believe it or not, IMO it is better quality. The material is thicker hence more support (they are BOTH fake leather. The SM ones isn't real leather), the sole is thicker too so you don't feel everything on the ground as you're walking, my toes don't show, and best of all, only $16.99!! :) 

I went to the one inside Westfield mall. Because they didn't have my size but the store across the street did, they actually gave me $4 off. Apparently they always do this if they don't have your size. Sweeet deal !!! :)